Odell Beckham -- I Didn't Pursue Soccer ... 'Cause I'd Miss My Family Too Much

I Didn't Pursue Soccer Career


'Cause I'd Miss My Family Too Much



Exclusive Video


121414_odell_backham_jr_launch

Like you need ANOTHER reason to like Odell Beckham Jr.????


Well, here we go -- 'cause the NY Giants receiver says he turned down an amazing opportunity to join the U.S. National soccer program when he ws a kid ... because he'd miss his family too much.


Beckham Jr. -- who's also a hardcore sneakerhead -- was at the opening was at the opening of the OG Sole sneaker shop in Jersey this weekend when he explained why he chose football ... instead of leaving his family and pursuing a career in soccer at 14-years-old.


In fact, OBJ also picked his college to stay close to his fam -- choosing LSU instead of any other program in the country ... just so he could stay local.


Things worked out.


Fun Fact -- Odell says he has more than ONE HUNDRED pairs of sneakers ... including a pair of the most sought after kicks in the shoe game.


Check out the clip.


For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!