Hope Solo Apologizes -- 'I Love My Family Dearly'


breaking news


0626-hope-solo-tmz-01Hope Solo is apologizing for the domestic violence incident from the weekend that resulted in her arrest.


Solo issued a statement on Facebook, apologizing to her fans, teammates, coaches, marketing partners and the entire US Soccer and Seattle Reign FC communities for her involvement "in a highly unfortunate incident."


She writes, "I take seriously my responsibilities as a role model and sincerely apologize to everyone I have disappointed."


Talking about her family, she said, "I love my family dearly. We, like all families, have our challenges but my sincere hope is that we are able to resolve this situation as a family. Adversity has always made us stronger and I know this situation will be no different."


Solo was arrested in Seattle early Saturday morning after allegedly beating up her sister and her nephew ... who is just 17.


For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!