Alec Baldwin -- Trots Out Gay Hairdresser ... AM I A HOMOPHOBE???


Breaking News


Alec Baldwin just played the, "I have a gay friend" card ... putting his male hairdresser on the spot in front of reporters to vouch for his non-homophobia.


It's shameless, it's desperate ... and quite frankly, it's sad.


It wreaks of "dance monkey, dance" ... with Alec asking him straight up -- "Am I a homophobe?"


The guy replied, "Yes, bigtime" ... but it's clear he's joking.


Afterward, we spoke with the hairdresser, who's openly gay, and he told us, "I don’t think he’s homophobic. I don’t at all. Whenever he is in here, we are always talking and cutting hair. He booked an appointment for today, he always does and he is a good tipper.”


The guy says he was not aware of the video of Alec saying c**ksucking f*g" .. but says, "If he did say it … there was probably a good reason behind why.”